Carta Erasmus de Educación Superior (ECHE)
Erasmus Policy Statement
The EASD Castello is a small institution with global ambitions, who has been working since 2007 in its international strategy.
The strategy that will be employed to deliver this vision has different objectives:
- To provide an accessible, welcoming, supportive environment for international staff and students.
- To encourage the development of an international perspective in all our students.
- To promote, support and provide international activity at the Institution, raising awareness internally and externally of the EASD’s international program.
In developing strategic partnerships, we are looking for institutions that either have a similar approach to teaching and learning who can offer a comparable subject´s offer, or that have similar strengths in their curriculum – in our case we are currently offering almost all the fields related to Design, higher Education-/Bachelors in Interior, Graphic, Product Design…and short-cycles also related to this subject, like Illustration and Graphic advertising, Artistic Ceramics, Interior Design , Photography… – that wish to develop deep and long-lasting relationships between students and staff exchange programs and maybe develop in future, research interests.
We will encourage academic and administrative staff, to visit our partners and invite their staff to Castellón in return.
The key objective that the EASD tries to encourage is the development of an international perspective in all our students, taking into account that they belong to the Design Discipline, which is a subject recognized internationally. Mobilities as the Erasmus program, which provides an opportunity for a prolonged immersion in another country and in its culture ,would be the most desirable mean for achieving this, and there is a considerable effort made by the institution to remove unnecessary barriers to mobility.
The Erasmus University Charter and the Erasmus Policy Statement are available on EASD’s website. The opportunities for the Erasmus and the Lifelong Learning Programme will be advertised on EASD’s web and social profiles, to both students and staff.
All staff and students are guaranteed the protection of the Institution’s Equal Opportunities policies which guard them against any discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, age, race and religion.
The EASD will meet all statutory obligations under relevant legislation signaled by EU directives, and will head towards the following achievements:
- Encouragement of student and staff exchanges between institutes of higher education.
- Improvement of the overall quality of our programs.
- International accreditation and international recognition.
- Achievement of a solid regional, national and international position.